- This event has passed.
Basketball Assessment Week Day 2
October 27, 2022 @ 6:00 PM - 7:45 PM
BASKETBALL SEASON will begin the last week of October and some details are below. Special Olympics Basketball has five divisions as well as Individual Skills level for athletes who are new to basketball and need to learn more about basketball and develop skills. (Division 1 is highest level of team play.) There are currently two teams in Medina. One team is a Division 3 team (all male) and the second team is a Division 5 team (co-ed). This may change depending on sign-ups.
ALL ATHLETES: Please read below before completing the sign-up link. DEADLINE IS 10/21/2022:
- GOOD ATTENDANCE IS EXPECTED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IN GAMES. Please only sign-up if you intend to show up for practices.
- Be sure to include any provider names/contact/email information for those who currently support athletes with transportation to/from practices/games.
- RETURNING BASKETBALL ATHLETES: Please complete the sign-up link so that we receive any updated contact information (phone numbers and email addresses) in case anything has changed since last season.
- NEW BASKETBALL ATHLETES: Complete the sign-up link. Athletes are placed on teams based on skill level for safety reasons. The practice times are scheduled according to team division(s). We typically play between 8-10 regular season games locally in the NE Ohio Region and also compete at the Regional Basketball tournament to hopefully qualify for State Winter Games held (overnight) at Bowling Green State University in February/March 2023.
- SIGN UP LINK: https://sooh-mc.org/new-athlete-survey-4/
FIRST WEEK – ASSESSMENT WEEK (this is so athletes can be placed in appropriate division.)
- ALL ATHLETES MUST ATTEND ASSESSMENT WEEK (unless extenuating circumstances arise.)
Date(s): 10/25 and 10/27/2022 – both Tuesday/Thursday night
Location: Windfall Gym at 4691 Windfall Road, Medina